Great Warford in Kelly’s Directory of 1939

“Great Warford township is 2 miles west from the parish church and 4 1/2 from Knutsford , and was the site of a Roman settlement. There are Baptist and Methodist chapels and a parish hall.  The only charity is one of a £2 yearly value.  The David Lewis Manchester Epileptic Colony are the chief landowners. …

Continue reading ‘Great Warford in Kelly’s Directory of 1939’ »

6,851 total views, 7 views today